I took a look at your website. You’re ‘we-ing’ all over your customers and let me tell you something…They don’t like it!
Do me a favour, go take a look at your website. I want you to count how many times you used the word “we”.
Go ahead, I’ll wait…
OK, now that you’ve done that, what was your final count? Most Trade websites use the word “we” 20 times on average for every 1 mention of their customer.
- We have the best equipment
- We are the experts
- We get the job done on time & on budget
Sounding familiar yet? Here’s the hard truth…
Your customers DON’T CARE!
- They don’t care that the business was started by your grandfather and has been in the family for 30 years.
- They don’t care that you have 50 certifications.
- Heck, they don’t even care if you’re cheaper, faster and better than everyone else in your trade!
What they DO care about is that you UNDERSTAND their current problem & that you can offer them a solution to fix that problem.
When your message sounds like you’re talking directly to the person reading it, your phone will ring more. Guaranteed.
Take another look at your website and think about how you can change your message to talk about your customers first. You’ll be glad you did!
Not sure if your message is hitting your target? Give us a call, we’d be happy to chat.